Lizzy Caplan 'hammered' for 'True Blood' sex scenes

'Masters of Sex's' Lizzy Caplan 'hammered' for 'True Blood' sex scenes

 
"Masters of Sex" star Lizzy Caplan was on "Chelsea Lately" Tuesday (Dec. 10), where she talked about how nerve-wracking it is doing sex scenes all the time.

"I have sex with a lot of people on ['Masters of Sex']. I have to say, if I had a problem with it, what right would I have signing up for it?" says Caplan, saying that she's gotten more comfortable with it.

However, she was pretty nervous about her "True Blood" sex scenes back in the first season of the HBO vampire drama -- so she needed a little liquid courage.

"I was hammered for that ... it was like seven in the morning and I was chugging vodka completely naked while a makeup artist I had just met was on her knees in front of me sponging my a**," says Caplan.

She also apparently got so drunk that she made a little bit of a fool of herself with the crew members afterward.

"On 'True Blood,' I've never told anybody this, but I was so nervous and I was so drunk, that after I shot the scene, I was going up to the crew members -- I had just met all these people the day before -- and I was going up to all these people and going [drunkenly slurs], 'You got a boner, you did.'" she says.

All this sex on screen is naturally a little uncomfortable for her family members who might want to enjoy her television shows, so Caplan says she has special copies made for her dad, among others.

"My father and a few other family members, they get a special 'Lizzy's family' link, which has everything in it except for me naked. It's really nice. They've made it very clear that will not be happening in Season 2, apparently it's very expensive and takes a lot of time. ... I don't think it's something that people usually ask for," she laughs.


You have read this article Lizzy Caplan with the title Lizzy Caplan 'hammered' for 'True Blood' sex scenes. You can bookmark this page URL https://duk78.blogspot.com/2013/12/lizzy-caplan-for-blood-sex-scenes.html. Thanks!